So where can I be found when not peering into someone’s mouth to examine orthodontics work? Most likely spending time with my wife, Lizabeth, my sons, Gavin and Cash, and our dog Bella (boxer) at Zilker Park. Either that or traveling, running, swimming, biking, cycling, or listening to music––particularly Radiohead or Led Zeppelin. To copy Stanton, if I had to choose a profession other than orthodontics, I’d be a river ecologist.
What else….? My favorite foods are French fries and Mexican food (preferably from Polvos), my favorite television show is The Simpsons, and if you were wondering about my favorite time of year (you were?!), it’s SXSW week, because I can roam around the city with my family and enjoy the best of what Austin is.
Oh! One more thing. My favorite car? 1977 Toyota Land Cruiser
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston – Dental Branch (2003-2005)
- Masters of Science in Oral Biology and Orthodontics Certificate
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston – Dental Branch 1999-2003 (Doctor of Dental Science)
- University Of Texas at Austin 1992-1997 (Bachelor of Science in Zoology and Minor in Chemistry)
Awards and Honors
- Invisalign Orthodontics Elite Preferred Provider
- Chief Resident 2003-2005
- Graduated Cum Laude from Dental School
- Greater Houston Dental Society Table Clinic Winner 2001
- Nation Institute of Dental Research Summer Program 2000 & 2001
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Dental Honors Society 1999-2003
- Roden-Johnson D, Gallerano R, English J. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics “ The Effects of the Buccal Corridor Spaces on Arch Form and Esthetics” March 2005.
- Roden-Johnson D, Gallerano R, English J. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics “Comparison of Hand Traced and Computerized Cephalograms: Landmark Identification, Measurements, and Superimposition Accuracy” April 2008.
- Ocotber 2011 “Utilizing Orthodontics as an Instrument for Improved Smile Design” Presented to the Women of Austin Study Club
- October 2010 ” Orthodontic Cornucopia” Presented to the Austin Area Hygienist
- May 2010 “Knowing When and Why to Refer Patients to the Orthodontist” Presented to the Bastrop Area Restorative Dentists
- October 2009 ”Optimizing ClinCheck and the latest Invisalign Improvements” Presented to the Austin Invisalign Study Club
- May 2009 “New Advances in Orthodontics – Myths and Facts reveled” Presented to the Cabo Study Club
- May 2009 “Class II Correction Appliances” presented to the the Cabo Study Club
- May 2009 “Contemporary Orthodontics Challenges and Treatment Options as it Related to Communication with the Restorative Dentists” Presented to the Cabo Study Club
- May 2009 “Treatment Mechanics and Invisalign Case Selection” presented to the Invisalign Study Club of Austin
- January 2009 “Biomechanics and Its Relationship to Successful Case Selection” – presented to the Invisalign Study Club of Austin
- June 2008 “Contemporary Orthodontics: Treatment Options and Diagnosis” Presented to Central Texas Multidisciplinary Study Club group of dental assistant and hygienist in the Austin area.
- February 2008 “Contemporary Orthodontics: Treatment Options and Diagnosis” Presented to Central Texas Multidisciplinary Study Club group of dental assistant and hygienist in Bastrop County.
- Cabo Study Club
- Capital Area Dental Society
- Texas Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association